Narrated by a historian
During the group guide at Bohus Fortress, you can read exciting stories about power struggles, intrigues and feuds that have taken place between nations and families.
Kings and Queens, knights and nobles, prisoners, witches, soldiers and maids have lived and passed the mighty Bohus.
Historical group guides
- Why Bohus Fortress was the most important place in the Nordic countries
- The prominent people that have stayed here
- How the prisoners were kept
- Every day: 2,500 SEK is the primary fee. Additionally there is an ordinary entrance fee per person: 100 SEK / adult, 50 SEK / child (5-17 years). Children 0-4 years free. Good to know
- Guided tours are offered in Swedish, English, Norwegian, German and Spanish. An extra cost of 250 SEK will be added to languages other than Swedish and English. It is possible to book a guided tour even when Bohus Fortress is closed. We can open up for your company for 1,000 SEK extra. A guide takes a maximum of 30 people. If you are more than that, you need two (or more) guides. A fee of 2,500 SEK will be added for each additional guide. Any changes to the booking (eg. changed number of visitors) must be made no later than seven days before the booked guided tour. Keep in mind that the fortress is a ruin that is mostly in the open air and that the ground is both rocky and uneven (see Accessibility) More about booking conditions Make a booking request via the form, email or phone.