Narrated by a historian
During the group guide at Bohus Fortress, you can read exciting stories about power struggles, intrigues and feuds that have taken place between nations and families.
Kings and Queens, knights and nobles, prisoners, witches, soldiers and maids have lived and passed the mighty Bohus.
“The land at the mouth of the Göta River – the old Nordic borderland – is one of the valleys of dead cities and fortresses. Of all the cities and fortresses that were built here before Gustav Adolf’s Gothenburg, today only Bohus Castle leaves a reminder of a time passed. A mighty greatness, the ruins of Bohus – a Norwegian, Danish and Swedish fortress – rises over the mouth of the Göta River. “ C Weibull
We offer guides for groups who want to be inspired by and learn about an important and exciting part of Nordic history. Guided tours are carried out in collaboration with nationally certified guides from Bohusläns Guider.
Historical group guides
Our guide wears authentic clothes from the Middle Ages and greets you at the well in the courtyard taking you on an hour long journey through history. During the guide you will learn more about:
- Why Bohus Fortress was the most important place in the Nordic countries
- The prominent people that have stayed here
- How the prisoners were kept
- Every day: 2,500 SEK is the primary fee. Additionally there is an ordinary entrance fee per person: 100 SEK / adult, 50 SEK / child (5-17 years). Children 0-4 years free. Good to know
- Guided tours are offered in Swedish, English, Norwegian, German and Spanish. An extra cost of 250 SEK will be added to languages other than Swedish and English. It is possible to book a guided tour even when Bohus Fortress is closed. We can open up for your company for 1,000 SEK extra. A guide takes a maximum of 30 people. If you are more than that, you need two (or more) guides. A fee of 2,500 SEK will be added for each additional guide. Any changes to the booking (eg. changed number of visitors) must be made no later than seven days before the booked guided tour. Keep in mind that the fortress is a ruin that is mostly in the open air and that the ground is both rocky and uneven (see Accessibility) More about booking conditions Make a booking request via the form, email or phone.